Bookings open on 1 January each year for the year.
Payment of rates
In the case of any booking made less than 60 days prior to the date of the travel, full payment is due within 5 working days.
The Blue Train reserves the right to release any provisional bookings when the train is fully booked. The customer will be contacted to settle the amount due within 5 working days. If no payment is received after 5 working days, The Blue Train will release the booking without further notice.
Individuals and groups
10% non-refundable, non-transferable deposit on high demand dates, due within 7 working days after confirmation.
In case of individual bookings, full payment is due 60 days prior to the departure date.
Groups - 5 or more suites
25% non-refundable, non-transferable deposit 90 days prior to departure. Balance of payment 60 days prior to the departure date. 20% of the group can be released between 90 to 60 days before departure without penalty
A 50% non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is due 6 months prior to departure date, with the balance due 60 days prior to the departure date.
- Less than 60 days notice 100% cancellation fee.
- Once a ticket is purchased, a reservation may be changed for an earlier or later date without penalty, provided such change is made 60 days prior to the date of travel. Any subsequent changes will subject the passengers to payment of the usual cancellation fees according to the notice given.
- If a change, cancellation or non-show is caused by exceptional circumstances and verified by suitable documentation, The Blue Train will consider waiving all or part of cancellation fees according to the merits of each case.
- A provisional reservation only becomes guaranteed once full payment has been received and a ticket has been issued by The Blue Train. The onus rests with agents/operators/customers to timeously release all unused suites in writing, in order to avoid cancellation penalties.
- Non-compliance with these bookings conditions will automatically cancel a confirmed reservation without further notice.
- For any charter arranged outside standard advertised dates or routes and with or without special arrangements, the customer will be held responsible to cover all additional costs incurred, should the said charter not materialize.
The Blue Train shall not be held responsible for damage to, or loss or theft of personal luggage and belongings, nor can we be liable for personal injury, accident, illness or death.
The Blue Train Shall also not be held responsible, when circumstances beyond its control lead to an interruption, early termination, or cancellation of any particular trip. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to instances of vis major/force majeure and/or casus fortuitus (acts of God such as floods and other natural disasters, fortuitous and unforeseen events, etc.).
We strongly urge you to adequately cover for any eventualities with your insurance agent. We recommend that you purchase trip cancellation insurance to cover yourself in the unlikely event of a late cancellation or loss.
A reference number shall be furnished for a confirmed booking and you are requested to supply this reference number when making enquiries regarding your booking or ticket.
The personal information you supply, is protected in terms of the South African Electronic Communications and Transactions Act. Any personal information provided by you, will be kept strictly confidential and will not be used for any purpose other than the acceptance of bookings, issuing of tickets and confirmation of payment, i.e. the transaction(s) required for your journey.
The route of The Blue Train take guests through some of the most breathtaking countryside to be found anywhere in the world.
Click here for full details
Country / Journey:
Pretoria - Cape Town - Pretoria
Duration / Distance:
1,600 kilometres (994 miles)
- All meals
- High tea
- Drinks (alcoholic
- Stopover and excursion in Kimberley or Matjiesfontein (dependant on route)
From R 10,930
Schedule and Prices
Schedule and Prices